- Learn About
- Contact Us
- Internet connection: Cable/DSL, T1, or other high-speed for multimedia content; 56k modem (minimum) for tutorials, homework, and testing.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum (2 GB or more recommended)
- Monitor resolution: 1024 x 768
- Plug-ins: You may need certain plug-ins and players from the MathXL for School Browser Check (also found inside your course)
All MathXL for School courses support both Windows or Macintosh operating systems and a supported version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. View all supported configurations.
Chromebooks work with MathXL for School, however select features will not be accessible due to the fact that Chromebooks do not allow for the download and installation of third party plug-ins. These features include:
- QuickTime videos
- Pearson Lockdown Browser
- TestGen plug-in
- Wolfram-based eBooks (previously referred to as Mathematica-based eBooks) such as Briggs/Cochran Calculus titles
To see what plug-ins may be required for your course, view the Browser Check.
iPads and Tablets: MathXL for School supports the use of iPads and tablets. For more information, visit Mobile Support.
If you are using an unsupported mobile operating system, or if your students need to access media not supported by mobile devices, many customers report that they have successfully used the free Puffin Academy app from CloudMosa Inc. The Puffin Academy app can be downloaded from iTunes store or Google Play.
Pearson is not responsible for the availability, pricing, functionality, or upgrade models of mobile apps that it does not develop. We also cannot guarantee that a non-Pearson app will work from within your institution's firewall.